One of the most powerful features of the Thesis framework is it’s ability to use ‘boxes’ (either included with skins or installed separately) for adding functionality & design to your website. The Criss Cross skin comes with 14 professional boxes built in, allowing you to do more without installing any separate software.
From social sharing & featured content blocks to autoresponder forms, Criss Cross offers a wide range of options for any type of website. With that being said, lets take a look at the boxes include with the Criss Cross skin.
Criss Cross Boxes
Criss Cross includes four boxes that were specifically designed as page leads. They are typically used between the header and content sections of any page template.
Page Lead Boxes
- Full-Width Lead Box – A lead for displaying simple text or HTML with the option of including a headline.
- Email Optin Lead Box – This box is similar to the Full-Width lead but also includes input for an email form.
- Four Features Lead – Four columns with an icon followed by headline/description content & a call-to-action button.
- Soliloquy Slider Lead – *Requires the free Soliloquy slider plugin and creates a full-width slider using the slider ID.
- Breadcrumbs Box – Add breadcrumb links to posts & pages by activating the breadcrumbs box in content options.
- Social Profiles Box – Enter the URL’s of your social profiles and display circular icon links throughout your site.
- Author Info Box – Similar to the Thesis author description box, but also includes links to your social profiles.
- Two & Three Column Boxes – Best used as page leads, add column boxes with an icon, headline & description.
- Social Count Buttons – Include the option for readers to share your content with social count buttons after posts.
- Call-out Action Box – A simple box for adding a headline along with a call-to-action button. Great as page lead.
- Simple Subscribe Box – Similar to the Call-out Action box but includes a horizontal email form instead of a link.